DACA & Dream Act






DACA renewals are being accepted as of January 13, 2018. However, As of September 5, 2017, new DACA applications are no longer being accepted. Do not submit a first-time application.  For more information about DACA, please contact us at (520)305-9342 or info@scholarshipsaz.org.

What is DACA?

On June 15, 2012, President Obama announced the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. DACA is an immigration policy that allows undocumented immigrants that came before their 16th birthday and before June 2007 to apply for a renewable 2-year work permit.

DACA History

On September 5, 2017, the U.S. Attorney General and President announced that DACA is being rescinded. As a result, here’s what you need to know.  Remember:

On January 9, 2018, a California Judge ruled that USCIS must continue accepting DACA renewal applications. For more information please check out this post . Remember:

  • This is not a permanent replacement for DACA
  • The ruling has been appealed
  • No new applications will be accepted

Resources for everyone (especially if your DACA work permit expired)

There are still opportunities & resources available to help you develop professional networks in the community, attend college, & find scholarships.

  • High school educators you can trust – Check out our list of high school educators who work with ScholarshipsA-Z. (PDF)
  • You can go to college – Contact us about enrolling at the community college, transferring, or starting at universities outside of Arizona.
  • Scholarships are available Check out our scholarship list.
  • Organizations in Pima County & AZ that support undocumented communities. (PDF)
  • Medical clinics & services for undocumented families (PDF)
  • More resource from United We Dream (Online list)



Leave a Reply