DREAM ACT 2017
- What is the Dream Act 2017? (Click here)
- What is the Clean Dream Act? (Video from UndocuBlack Network)
- Learn about the fight to win the Dream Act before the end of 2017 & how to get involved:
IMPORTANT INFO ON DACA
DACA renewals are being accepted as of January 13, 2018. However, As of September 5, 2017, new DACA applications are no longer being accepted. Do not submit a first-time application. For more information about DACA, please contact us at (520)305-9342 or email@example.com.
What is DACA?
On June 15, 2012, President Obama announced the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. DACA is an immigration policy that allows undocumented immigrants that came before their 16th birthday and before June 2007 to apply for a renewable 2-year work permit.
On September 5, 2017, the U.S. Attorney General and President announced that DACA is being rescinded. As a result, here’s what you need to know. Remember:
- You do NOT have to stop working until your work permit expires
- Your employer has no right to harass you about DACA and you are not legally obligated to tell them the program has been terminated.
- Click here for more information on DACA workplace rights.
On January 9, 2018, a California Judge ruled that USCIS must continue accepting DACA renewal applications. For more information please check out this post . Remember:
- This is not a permanent replacement for DACA
- The ruling has been appealed
- No new applications will be accepted
Resources for everyone (especially if your DACA work permit expired)
There are still opportunities & resources available to help you develop professional networks in the community, attend college, & find scholarships.
- High school educators you can trust – Check out our list of high school educators who work with ScholarshipsA-Z. (PDF)
- You can go to college – Contact us about enrolling at the community college, transferring, or starting at universities outside of Arizona.
- Scholarships are available – Check out our scholarship list.
- Organizations in Pima County & AZ that support undocumented communities. (PDF)
- Medical clinics & services for undocumented families (PDF)
- More resource from United We Dream (Online list)