We’re back for a 4th year and ready to train first-time attendees and conference returners at our annual AZ Educators Conference on April 7, 2017. Join us and get the tools you need to support, protect, and fight for ALL (DACAmented & undocumented) immigrants and refugees in our schools.
IMPORTANT: President Trump continues to implement and remove federal policies and executive orders that endanger the safety and well-being of undocumented and DACAmented immigrants, refugees, and their families. Educators and education institutions must show they are WITH undocumented students & families, and all of our communities who are marginalized by the policies.
Here are some ways to show your support and protect immigrant students & families:
- Learn what to do about DACA
- Post-Election: Recommendations for School Administrators, Educators, Counselors, and Undocumented Students [from My (Un)documented Life blog]
- Become a Sanctuary Campus (learn more from these schools)
- Don’t allow Border Patrol or ICE on your campus
- Create a petition to support students (check out these examples)
- If you’re in AZ, check out this letter
- K-12 Schools: Make a public recommitment to Plyler v Doe
- College/University: (Re)commit to admitting Undocumented and DACAmented students
- Work with other organizations like the University of Arizona’s Immigrant Student Resource Center
- Host UndocuPeers training sessions for staff, faculty, teachers, & counselors (contact us)
- Host DACA info sessions (contact our DACA team)
- Host Know Your Rights Trainings at your school (contact our Deportation Defense team)
- Connect with other educators
- Stay connected with ScholarshipsA-Z’s Facebook page for updates
ScholarshipsA-Z understands that teachers, counselors, and advisers influence students’ educational futures on a daily basis. Here are some tools to help you create a more inclusive environment for your students, regardless of their immigration status.
Download our resource kit, which includes:
- Guide on how to apply to AZ universities as a DACA student
- What is DACA?
- 7 reasons to advocate for undocumented students
- 10 ways to build your skills as an advocate for undocumented students
- U.S. Dept of Education Resource Guide: Supporting Undocumented Youth
- Important immigration and education vocabulary & legislation
What can you do you show you are WITH & FOR undocumented students?
- Join National Educators Coming Out Day & remember you’re not alone in your work.
- Help your institution participate in National Institution’s Coming Out Day
- Find more resources with our partners at the Dream Educational Empowerment Program (DEEP)
Creating a More Inclusive Environment for All Students
- U.S. Dept of Education Resource Guide: Supporting Undocumented Youth (PDF)
- Resources from Around the U.S. to Support Undocumented Students
- How to Support College-Bound Undocumented Students (PDF)
- Top 10 Ways to Help Undocumented Students (PDF)
- Tips from Teaching Tolerance
Academic Support for Your Students
- Scholarship Application Tools for Your Students (PDF)
- Khan Academy (FREE video tutorials on academic subjects)
Resources to Support First-Generation College Students
More ScholarshipsA-Z Resources
- Comprehensive Resource Guide
- ScholarshipsA-Z Brochure – English Spanish
- What can STUDENTS find on our site?
Connect with ScholarshipsA-Z
- Help make more resources available to educators by making a donation to ScholarshipsA-Z today!